Adjectives are used to modify nouns and pronouns, while adverbs are used to modify verbs and adjectives. Adjectives commonly, but not always end in “ly.” On the SAT and the ACT, it is wise to always determine what word an underlined adjective or adverb is describing so you can determine whether it is being used correctly.
- Answer Explanations now available for: ACT Form 1267C (67C), from Preparing for the ACT
- June 9, 2012 ACT (ACT Form 70C) Answer Explanations Now Available!
- May 5, 2012 SAT Answer Explanations Now Available!
- April 14, 2012 ACT (ACT Form 70G) Answer Explanations Now Available
- SAT Subject Test English Literature Basic Strategy Outline